Harriet Jones has run WNPR's Business Desk since 2001. She's covered such diverse issues as the threat to close Connecticut's submarine base, the sub prime mortgage crisis and the impact of casinos on the state.
Harriet joined WNPR in October 2000 as Morning Edition producer and reporter. Born in Scotland, she worked for the BBC for much of her early career.
She was news director at Scotland's largest commercial radio station, ScotFM, and was lucky enough to cover that country's two biggest political events in 300 years - the referendum which delivered a new parliament, and the subsequent elections.
She has also taught broadcasting for the BBC at some of their international schools in Eastern Europe, delivering courses to journalists in Romania, Albania and Bosnia.
Jones lives in Stonington, Connecticut, with her husband, Bob Statchen, and their three children.
- Lien Placed Against Kleen Energy
- Operation Fuel in Danger of Running out of Funds
- First-Time Homebuyer's Credit to Expire Soon
- Labor Board Awards $2.6M for Avery Heights Workers
- FEMA Teams Assessing Flood Damage
- CT Provides $1.5M For Flood Victims
- Authorities Investigate Flood Damage in Middletown
- Pratt & Whitney Predicts a Better Year for Air Travel
- Xerox Game Changer Announces Retirement
- Labor Secretary Oversees Push for Green Jobs