microbusThinking about selling your car, boat, motorcycle or vehicle? Why not take part in Contribute-A-Car, and support the award-winning programs you love on CPTV and WNPR? By donating a vehicle to Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., the parent company of CPTV and WNPR, you help ensure the future of public broadcasting.

How do I make a car donation?
Fill out our online form, call us toll-free at 1-877-444-4485 or e-mail us at [email protected].

How long does it take?
Your vehicle will be picked up by a professionally licensed, bonded and insured towing company within 2 business days.. If you have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-877-444-4485.

What if I don’t have a title?
You will need to request a duplicate title from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), online or in person at your local DMV office. This normally takes about two (2) weeks and costs $25.00. (In most cases your local DMV can print out a duplicate title for your vehicle on your initial visit.)

How much of a tax deduction could I receive?
sportscarEffective January 1, 2005, Internal Revenue Code (IRC 170 (f) 912) went into effect. This law provides that the vehicle donor may receive a tax deduction equal to the greater of $500.00 or the actual amount that Contribute-A Car receives from the sale of the vehicle.

Upon receipt of the title for the vehicle, Contribute-A-Car will send to the donor a receipt..

greencarIf the vehicle is sold for more than $500.00, Contribute-A-Car will send a second receipt (IRS form 1098-C) to the donor stating the gross amount received upon the sale of the vehicle.

Contribute-A-Car intends to make every effort to sell your donated vehicle for the highest amount possible. This benefits you, as the donor, and Connecticut Public Broadcasting, Inc., a not-for-profit 501c3 organization.

It is important to note that the vehicle will be sold in an arms-length transaction and not directly by the station to the end user.

If you need more information regarding your deduction, you should consult your tax adviser or accountant. Additional information can also be obtained at the Internal Revenue Service.

Donate Your Car by Clicking Here »